Monday, February 4, 2008

Puzzled

Last week, I ruminated on the deep artistic qualities of the Downeaster's YouTube channel. Well, today I am proud to present your second dose of serious Maine film.

I've watched "Motel Mission" three times, but I still don't have a clue as to what the damn thing is about. All I know is that it was filmed in a Westbrook motel and that it features a young man who takes his crossword puzzles very, very seriously. Did I mention he was serious about his puzzles?

Anyway, things become extra meta when the late Marine Animal Lifeline of Westbrook is mentioned in the background newscast at about 4:00.

Enjoy, but don't let it screw with your head. We in New England are suffering enough mental fatigue today, the blackest of Mondays.

- John C.L. Morgan

P.S. I'll buy a cheap drink for anyone able to i.d. the Westbrook motel featured in "Motel Mission."

No comments: