Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Westbrook Stinks...Like Good Food

Meredith Goad has a piece about Westbrook's burgeoning food scene in today's Press Herald. But I can't access the Herald's website, so you'll have to take my word that the article (which contains quotes from some Internet hack) is definitely worth the sixty cents at Mathieu's Market.

Unfortunately, I think the article's headlines ruin my quixotic (not to mention half-hearted) campaign to alter Westbrook's official slogan to "We don't stink no more!"

Maybe "Our malodorous stench don't ooze into your house no more!" will fit the bill. Too wordy?

(Update: Meredith Goad's article can be read in its entirety here)

- John C.L. Morgan

P.S. And just to correct the public record, both my wife and I have eaten at Main Street Cafe.

No comments: