Monday, December 22, 2008

Favorite Posts of 2008: March

My favorite posts from March 2008, in chronological order:
  1. "Rewind: About Schmidt" A partial film review of About Schmidt, one of my favorite movies.
  2. "Sunday Letter: Lighthouse Christian Center" I've sat in a fair number of pews in my lifetime, but I've never experienced the culture shock I experienced at LCC.
  3. "Name-Hunting Tip #5" Elisha Morgan on the most underestimated factor Mainers must consider when brainstorming for baby names.
  4. "On Location: Main Street" Your (dated) travel guide to Westbrook's Main Street.
  5. "Is Skybox a Victim of Brown Street Bias" The answer, by the way, is yes.
  6. "On Location: Room 114" Or, how the City Council's chambers are like Fenway Park. Really.
  7. "Just Do It: Read Maine Becomes a State" Seriously, just do it.
  8. "(Deep) Thoughts on the Skybox Closure" Why am I so annoyed by the closing of a bar I'd been to only once? Well, here's why.
  9. "Yeah, I'm Pretty Much an Uppity 24-Year-Old" My response to getting bitchslapped in the PPH Letters to the Editor section.
  10. "(Far-Fetched) Thought of the Day" In light of the Maine Turnpike Authority's funding problems, maybe this could be spun off to make some money.
  11. "The Sportswriter: New England Revolution" Lamenting the Revolution's absence in Boston-as-Titletown talk.
  12. "Westbrook's Light-Blue Collar" We're still used as Cape Elizabeth's socioeconomic foil.

- John C.L. Morgan

No comments: