Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Favorite Posts of 2008: July

My favorite posts from July 2008, in chronological order:
  1. "In 'Da Hood" Yeah, I'm a tough guy.
  2. "Should Westbrook Jump Into the NECBL?" Well, should we?
  3. "Department of Navel-Gazing: Or, Why You Should Subscribe To Your Local Newspaper" Hypocrite alert: I let my subscription to the AJ lapse for the last couple months of 2008, but am in the process of getting it back.
  4. "On Location: Metro No. 4" How the Oscar-winning film Crash explains Metro's No. 4 bus.
  5. "Quote, Unquote: Charmaine Daniels" Despite calling Westbrook old and dirty, this Casco Bay Weekly (RIP) columnist actually compliments the Paper City. Even before we stopped stinkin'.
  6. "Edgers v. Mr. Bagelers" How "West Side Story" explains River's Edge Deli's recent move to Main Street.
  7. "Next Week: A Tour of Leander Valentine's Grave!" One of the more, um, interesting marketing strategies I've seen.
  8. "The Posts of Lists, Take Two" Why my wife is stupid, illiterate, lame, weak, soft, and fearful.
  9. "Bite-Sized Review: American Silk" A quick review of a book every self-respecting Brookie should partially read.
  10. "Song of the Week: Over a Cardboard Sea" A song from one of my favorite local bands. Bonus: A link to an eclectic YouTube page that features good footage of some of this year's Westbrook Together Days.
  11. "On Location: Bean-Hole Baked Bean Supper" Does it get any better than this?
  12. "Did You Know?" I'm still waiting out for the high school's new nickname to be changed to the Moonshiners, regardless of how ahistorical such a move would be. I suppose I ought to move to Scarborough, where they actually vote on such a thing.
  13. "The Sportswriters: Boston Red Sox" My favorite Sox bloggers coin nicknames that should be known far and wide.
  14. "Quote, Unquote: Paul Mann" Couldn't say it better myself.
  15. "Quote of the Day" James Ingraham (WHS Class of '42) gets philosophical.

- John C.L. Morgan

No comments: