Friday, October 30, 2009

Weekend Viewing: Inja (2001)



The 2010 FIFA World Cup doesn't kick off another 220 or so days, but I've already begun gobbling up everything South Africa-related.

Whether it's reading E.J. Hoyt's excellent 1987 profile on Helen Suzman, adding Tsotsi to my Netflix queue, or watching this seventeen-minute short film, I have on a couple occasions found myself experiencing a Crowley Moment, wondering, How the heck did I end up at the Web site of the South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance?

(Update: I haven't had the best of luck playing the video on this site, so you might want to skip over to this one.)

- John C.L. Morgan

Related: The Sportswriter: On the Americans' Annoying Loss to Costa Rica (June 4, 2009)
Related: The Sportswriter: Thoughts on Tonight's U.S. vs. Mexico World Cup Qualifier (February 11, 2009)
Related: The Sportswriter: Three Ideas for a Better American Soccer Fan (November 1, 2008)

No comments: