Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Election '09: Introducing Dotty Aube

Dotty Aube is the Democratic Party's nominee for the Ward 4 City Council seat.

Birthdate
November 23, 1962

Hometown

Westbrook, Maine

Family

I am the oldest of 4. I have 2 brothers and 1 sister who live in Westbrook.

Religion
Catholic

Occupation
Supervising RN on a child psychiatric unit at Spring Harbor Hospital in Westbrook.

Education

Diploma in Nursing from Mercy Hospital School of Nursing. (I was, sadly, one of its last graduating classes.)

Professional Experience

I have worked in nursing for 24 years. I have been in the Psychiatric field for the past 20 years, working almost solely with children ages 4-14. My prior experience was in orthopedics, neurology, and pediatrics.

Political Experience

I am currently serving my second term as Ward 4 Councilor.

Military Experience
None

Association Membership

Founding member and Secretary, Frenchtown Community Association.

Address
185 Brown Street

E-Mail
dorothyaube@yahoo.com

Phone Number(s)

(207) 854-2632
(207) 239-9272

What is your favorite movie?

Moonstruck. But with Christmas coming, I will have It's a Wonderful Life in the DVD player almost constantly!

Who is your favorite living politician?

Hilary Clinton.

What is your favorite newspaper?

Maine Sunday Telegram

What is your favorite day trip?
Boston, especially if a Red Sox game is involved.

What is your favorite piece of clothing?
My down coat. I don't know how I'd walk my dogs every day in the winter without it!

What is your greatest fear?
Before I got involved in politics, it was being disliked. Now I fear making mistakes that will effect people for years to come.

Who is the most influential person in your life?

My Dad. He understood that my strength was not in talking a lot, but in being a quiet and compassionate leader.

When and where were you the happiest?
Childhood summers on Little Sebago Lake.

What do you most value in your friends?
That they tell me the truth and try to understand my point of view.

What is your motto?

People do the best they can with what they know and what they have.

- John C.L. Morgan

No comments: