Thursday, October 22, 2009

Election '09: Introducing John O'Hara

John O'Hara is the Republican Party's candidate running for one of the two At-Large City Council seats.

Birthdate
October 15, 1958

Hometown
Portland, Maine

Family
Wife and three children

Religion
Catholic

Occupation
Facilities Director, Portland International Jetport

Education
University of Southern Maine, 1979

Professional Experience
Department of Transportation and Waterfronts, City of Portland, 30 years

Political Experience
At-Large City Councilor, 2001-present
Co-Chairman, Wescott Junior High School Building Committee

Association Memberships
Ancient Free & Accepted Masons, Corner Stone #216

Address
80 Cottage Place

E-Mail Address
arahojjkmj@aol.com

Phone Number
(207) 854-9309

What is your favorite song?
"Won't Get Fooled Again," The Who.

Who is your favorite Maine politician?
Joshua Chamberlain.

What is your favorite part of being a candidate?
I love meeting people and trying to solve their problems.

What is your favorite restaurant?
Street and Co.

What is your favorite vacation spot?
Sanibel Island, Florida.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Peace around the world and no hungry children.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I'd be a few inches taller and a few pounds lighter.

What is your motto?
Ask not what your country do for you, but what you can do for your country.

- John C.L. Morgan

Related: Election '09: A Look at the At-Large Race (October 22, 2009)
Related: Election '09: Introducing Michael Foley (October 22, 2009)
Related: Election '09: A Look at Ward 4 (October 20, 2009)
Related: Election '09: Introducing James Tranchemontagne (October 20, 2009)
Related: Election '09: A Look at Ward 2 (October 19, 2009)
Related: Election '09: Introducing Victor Chau (October 19, 2009)

Related: Election '09: Introducing David Tapley (October 19, 2009)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SymPrint said...

So an anonymous blog poster hears a private phone conversation between a teenager and her father. And, the parent used some inappropriate language. I better leave my cell phone in the car from now on.

John is quirky, a little dramatic, and long winded. But he is one of the most passionate and commmitted citizens we have and I am willing to give him a pass on this one.

BTW You would have more credibility if you had the guts to identify yourself.

skybox212 said...

I have to agree with you on that SymPrint. Even with our differences I can still appreciate " THE WILD JOHNNY O" I think he is going to vote for me on Monday! perhaps I will send him a mint!


Allen Moore

Westbrook Diarist said...

I've been fortunate in that my readers generally do not force me to reflect on the appropriateness of their comments.

Alas, I have deleted a post because I've determined the content of the comment--coupled with the anonymous nature of the comment--could potentially be little more than character assassination on a political candidate less than two weeks before an election.

I'm afraid if I allow this anonymous comment to stand as is, it could corrode the tone this Web site and its readers have helped create. And I am not interested in providing residence for comments that could devolve into unverifiable whisper campaigns.

John

Julia Foley said...

John, good decision to delete the comment, there's no need for negativity on your wonderful site.

John O'Hara is a great city councilor, and a good guy. I'm luck to have met him, and my brother works with him in the city council, I believe they work well together. Mr. O'Hara may talk a bit long, but he is always inquisitive, informative, helpful, and thinking of the citizens of the entire city to determine what is best for us. I am hoping for him to get re-elected, and I'm quite sure he will! November 3rd Election Day, I'll be at the armory all day for probably 14 hours, see you all there!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.