Westbrook Planning Board meeting
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Westbrook High School, Room 114
The meeting will feature a workshop on the proposed Stroudwater Place development on Stroudwater Street, and it'll be the first opportunity for Westbrook residents to comment publicly about the proposal.
The workshop will be the final order of business of the night, so I recommend you do what Eileen Shutts, a veteran of these types of meetings, has learned to do: Hang out around the house with your t.v. tuned to channel 3 and scurry down to Room 114 when the Planning Board is about to tackle the issue you're interested in (i.e., the Stroudwater Place workshop).
In fact, while you're keeping tabs on the meeting, peruse this reading material that'll catch you up to speed and give you an idea of what people are talking about.
- Initial Press Herald story announcing plans.
- Press Herald story examining the question, Can it work here?
- Press Herald story about what it will take for such a project to succeed.
- Press Herald profile of the prospective developers.
- Press Herald article about the rural character of Stroudwater Street.
- Land Use Ordinances of Westbrook (specifically Sections 107 and 308. Section 107 deals with contract zoning, and Section 308 applies to the land in question).
- Westbrook's Comprehensive Plan
- John C.L. Morgan