Thursday, July 24, 2008

Just Do It

Two nights removed from being boxed in my driveway by one of the Westbrook Police's squad cars and having a floodlight shone in my face for a seatbeltless turn onto Seavey Street, I figure it's a good idea to partially recycle advice shared in an earlier segment of "Just Do It:" Obey traffic laws and ensure your vehicle is inspected, insured, and registered.

In other words, do as I say, not as I do.

- John C.L. Morgan

P.S. The officer (I was a little too stunned by the situation to get his name) was very courteous and generous. In fact, after learning my driving record is clean--which took just long enough to give my neighbors a chance to press their faces against their windows--he ensured I would not be cutting out my name in the AJ "Police Notes." Which is a good thing because I'm still recovering from being pulled over twice within thirty minutes for an expired registration a couple years ago. Which reminds me: Just don't drive around Westbrook with a vehicle-related discrepancy after 11p.

No comments: