Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Model of Persistence

Back in the days when my exercise regimen was a tad bit more strenuous than the one I have now (when I ask the baggers at Hannaford to overload my canvas bags because they represent the only exercise I get each week, I'm only half-joking), I regularly swam three or four nights a week at Davan Pool. By the time I jumped into the water to start my workout, Pat Gallant-Charette had usually started her seemingly endless stream of laps. And on the cold winter evenings when I was just too lazy to bundle up and head out to Davan, Pat was almost surely churning through Davan's waters.

All this is my way of saying you should check in on Pat every once a while via her blog, Pat's Channel Swim, as she begins to train yet again to conquer the English Channel in 2011, despite two previous attempts to cross it in 2008 and 2009.

Frankly, it's difficult for me to not to be inspired by her single-minded determination.

- John C.L. Morgan

Related: On Location: Davan Pool (February 19, 2009)
Related: Quote, Unquote (August 7, 2008)

No comments: