Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Westbrook Woman Chronicles Her Post-Layoff Life

The Maine Switch:

After leaving the circle of comfort and saying
goodbye to my fellow ex-pats, I stopped by the eye doctor to buy a year’s worth
of disposable contacts while I still had insurance. On the way, I called to make
sure my credit card protection insurance option was active, grabbed a reasonably
price bottle of South African syrah and made plans to head to the unemployment
office in Portland. Maybe not quite in that order.
Melissa Nickless's column will begin appearing in the print edition of The Switch on June 25.

(Update: I was just going through my Blogroll and came across a plug for Extreme Frugality, W. Hodding Carter's online journal of his family's experiences of living on $550 a month. The first installment can be read here.)

- John C.L. Morgan

Related: Quote, Unquote: W. Hodding Carter (January 30, 2008)

No comments: