Friday, January 18, 2008

Book 'Em

The primary drawback to participating in tonight's inaugural Neal Dow Pub Crawl (besides reinforcing the perception that I'm an out-of-control lush, of course) is that I'll miss out on Samuel James's set at SPACE Gallery in Portland. Now, I've only admired James's music from afar (MySpace), so don't mistake me for a true fan. But I at least like to pretend that I would've made the trek out to Congress Street tonight if I didn't have better things to do (read about the aforementioned Pub Crawl here). Which leads me to the plea of the day.

Westbrook pub owners, restaurant chefs, library directors, homeowners, and whoever else may be interested, lend me your eyes: Go out and book a concert date with Samuel James and his cohort Moses Atwood. Now! If for no other reason, book the duo so I will finally make it to one of their shows. Because, you know, it is all about me.

Meanwhile, Westbrook Diarist snoopers, feast your eyes (and ears) on these links by listening to Samuel James here and Moses Atwood here. Bon appetit. Or something like that.

- John C.L. Morgan

P.S. Moses Atwood's self-titled album can be found on iTunes. Samuel James, however, has yet to post his songs in the iTunes store.

P.P.S. In the interest of full disclosure: No, my fourth job is not as James's and Atwood's promoter.

No comments: