Friday, August 6, 2010

City Council Approves Members of Comprehensive Plan Task Force

PPH:
The city is moving forward with creating a blueprint for its future. The City
Council voted this week to appoint a 17-member task force to create a
comprehensive plan for Westbrook. The task force includes city officials,
business leaders and residents from each voting ward. Its goal is to create a
plan to guide city officials' decisions on issues such as land use, housing,
transportation, public facilities, and agriculture and forestry resources. The
task force, which is expected to start meeting later this month or in September,
will begin its work by developing a vision statement for the next 10 years.
- John C.L. Morgan

Full disclosure: I'm a member of the task force.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear about this task force. I'd love to see a list of who exactly is on it beyond yourself!

Warren Knight said...

I volunteered to be on this task force as I believe that the work is critical to the future of this City. I was disappointed to not be selected as I think that there needs to be a voice for agriculture. Hopefully, there was someone selected for the committee who will be an advocate for agriculture and the important role it can play in Westbrook's future.

Anonymous said...

Warren,

I am on it and agriculture is a huge issue for me. From finding ways to compost local business and school waste to bring a great farmers market to Westbrook. Also protecting green space and a vision for sprawl.