Friday, May 16, 2008

Step Away From the Wii

Considering I was one of the last kids in The Hamlet to receive a Nintendo (and later, a Sega Genesis), I'm probably not inclined to appreciate the allure of the Nintento Wii.

So while I was reading Avery Yale Kamila's
first-person narrative of the Wii experience The Flask in the latest issue of The Maine Switch, I couldn't help but think: Sure, virtual tennis, golf, and bowling sound fun. But why wouldn't one just play tennis at the Saccarappa or Westbrook High School tennis courts? Or stroll through a round of golf at Rivermeadow Golf Club, Sunset Ridge Golf Links, or the Twin Falls Golf Club? And then, of course, there's bowling at Colonial Lanes or Westport Bowling Lanes.

Seems to me the real thing might be a little more enjoyable.

(Update: Good luck playing tennis at Saccarappa School. The courts lack nets and are not in the greatest shape.)

- John C.L. Morgan

No comments: