Monday, July 12, 2010

More Praise for Beverly Jensen's Book

The Kingdom Journal:
I sat down with the manuscript and began to read. What struck me first is that I
felt that I knew these characters. I knew them the way I knew my neighbors of
decades, and even my own family. Beverly Jensen’s hard-bitten country folk
seemed real to me in a way that I had only very rarely experienced before.
Reading her manuscript was reminiscent of the day I discovered Flannery
O’Connor’s A Good Man Is Hard to Find and read it in a sitting. I
finished Beverly’s book about ten o’clock that evening. The Red Sox were playing
the Yankees on television, and I am a card-carrying member of Red Sox Nation.
But I had entirely forgotten about the baseball game. Instead, I had read a
literary masterwork.
- John C.L. Morgan

Related: Westbrook Native's Book Has Been Published (June 30, 2010)

No comments: