Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Better Know a Rep: Bruce Chuluda

And now, Mayor Bruce Chuluda's 'Proust Questionnaire':

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Having what I need to get by and taking care of my family.


What is your current state of mind?
Generally at peace with myself and my circumstances.

Which living person do you most admire?
My daughter and her ability to raise my granddaughter as the great mother I knew she would be.

What is your greatest fear?
Something bad happening to my family.

What is your most marked characteristic?
My empathy for people.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
My lack of patience.

Which living person do you most despise?
I don't like the idea of despising anyone, but since you asked, Osama bin Laden.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Going out to eat.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Lack of patience.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
I don't think any virtue can be considered overrated.

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
You'd have to tell me since I try to avoid looking at myself.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I'd lose some weight.

What is the quality you most like in a man?
Integrity.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Integrity.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
I'd say folks 'cause I'm a down-to-Earth kind of guy.

Which talent would you most like to have?
I'd like to solve everyone's problems, but I'm satisfied to solve just one.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My late wife, Vickie. She will always be my greatest love.

When and where were you happiest?
When I married my wife in 1975 in Norwood, Massachusetts.

Where would you like to live?
Right where I live now. I never want to leave.

What is your most treasured possession?
My family.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
The loss of a loved one.

What is your favorite occupation?
Truthfully, I love being the Mayor of this great city.

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Indiana Jones quickly comes to mind.

Who are your heroes in real life?
Bill Russell because he was a winner. And my late father because he worked hard to support his family.

What do you most value in your friends?
Being there for me when I need someone to prop me up.

What is it that you most dislike?
People who like to denigrate others in an effort to make themselves look good.

What is your motto?
Do the very best for the most.

- John C.L. Morgan


P.S. Read City Councilors Rielly's and Gattine's "Proust Questionnaire."

No comments: