Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pinball-alaria-itis at Skybox

Maine Observer:
The next stop was in Westbrook, at the Skybox Bar & Grille. When I drove up
to this place, I noticed it violated a rule I have about bars: Don’t enter a bar
that has almost no windows (i.e. Rockin’ Ricky’s Tavern). This wasn’t about me
though; this was about cataloging [pinball-alaria-itis]. I went in.
[snip]
The environment is dicey, but thankfully the classic rock cover band made things
more comfortable. Pinball just isn’t pinball if you don’t hear someone singing
"Turn the Page" by Bob Seger. Once you settle in, the place starts to feel
welcoming. They also host a pinball tournament every Tuesday at 7 p.m. for three
bucks. VERDICT: This place spreads [pinball-alaria-itis] like warm butter on a
biscuit.
- John C.L. Morgan

Related: Skybox: (Bar)cade and Grill (December 29, 2009)

No comments: