Monday, February 6, 2012

Paulians Take Over Westbrook Republican Caucus

PPH:
It won't be known for certain until Saturday who
got the most votes at the Westbrook caucus, but half of the 30 or so voters who
attended openly supported Paul. They frustrated some other attendees by
objecting to the process, introducing motions and ultimately choosing a Paul
supporter to be Westbrook's delegation chairman. The chairman gets to select who
will fill open seats to attend the state nominating convention in May.
If I weren't still recovering from last night's game, I might re-hash my thoughts on why I don't like the caucus system. Instead, I'll just link to a 2008 piece I wrote in which I complain about the unrepresentative nature of caucuses in the wake of a Republican caucus that attracted more than twice the participants than this year's edition.

- John C.L. Morgan

No comments: